Thursday, February 14, 2013

Another Bird Falls to the Ground

Today, I found Ruby shivering all alone perched on the edge of the deck, when all of the sudden, I saw Red come over and snuggle up to her.  They were both hurting from flying into the window and seemed to need each other to keep warm.  After a long time of snuggling with each other, Red flew away and I came over to see Ruby and offer her some food.  She was so puffed up and shaking, so I gently touched her.  She did not flinch or pull away from my hand, so I softly placed my hand over her to keep her warm and she snuggled up into my hand.  After a few minutes I felt her try to spread her wings and then she relaxed and died in the palm of my hand.  It was such a special moment that reminds me of God's love for us and how He holds us in the palm of His Hand.

2 comments:

  1. Ruby must have felt so at peace in the palm of your hand and that is why she finally let go. That's just like how God can give us peace beyond understanding in the midst of our storms. Dear Lord thank you for your wonderful peace and comfort that only comes from knowing you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. That is so true and as I covered Ruby with my hand those are some of the thoughts that I had. God cares so much for the "birds of the air", so think of how much He cares for you and me?!

      Delete