Thursday, February 28, 2013

Look Whoooooooo !

Northern Saw-whet Owl
 
This morning while reading in my sanctuary, I heard a "thump" and when I looked up, I saw a glimpse of a bird that had hit the patio window and then flew off.  He landed on top of the pole that normally holds my bird feeder.  I could not believe it, when I saw him.......just the cutest little owl.  I grabbed my camera and took this photo of him and he just sat there for a long time as he was recovering from the shock of hitting the window.  I have no idea why he came by, but when I looked him up on the Internet, I read that they like mice and we have seen the tiny footprints of them scurrying across our patio deck.

4 comments:

  1. Great photo, Theda! Once your feeders are back up, I'm sure your feathered friends will quickly return. What kind of camera are you using? All of your images are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to add that your photos are wonderful because of your artistic eye, not the type of camera you are using.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Nancy! I use a Panasonic Lumix that I got back in 2007 with a nice zoom 12X. I'm glad that you enjoy my photos and hopefully soon, some sketches will follow. Stay posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so beautiful, he looks like a stuffed animal. :) God has such a big imagination to create all these different flying friends.

    ReplyDelete